Simple explaination of configuring PICED for schedules

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Enigmatic, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Enigmatic

Enigmatic

Greetings,

I currently have a B&W touch screen and have been using PICED to update its functionality. When I had it installed I was told by the installer that it had a built in scheduler and that I could use it to set timers for my garden reticulation system.

After having used the software and configured what I beleive is necessary to get the sprinkers to come on absolutely nothing happens.

I wonder if someone could provide a step by step set of instructions on how to set up a simple schedule for turning on and off a single relay, including the settings that need to be given to make this work.

Thanks

Enigmatic, Apr 2, 2007
  2. Enigmatic

JohnC

I wonder if someone could provide a step by step set of instructions on how to set up a simple schedule for turning on and off a single relay, including the settings that need to be given to make this work

I just noticed that nobody has answered this... so I'll give it a try but this is just a first pass.

The full answer is probably a bit beyond a simple post here... as the level of detail to answer you will depend a LOT on your level of expertise. Therefore, I will cover off the overall concepts, and let you come back with more info on what step it's going wrong.

The basic concepts are :

a) You need the corresponding "tag file" (C-Bus database file) for the installation. This is loaded into and edited by C-Bus Toolkit software.

b) Check that you can toggle the load on/off in Toolkit. If OK, then we have the technology !

c) Open PICED and load the touchscreen project. Make sure it's cross-referenced to the corresponding C-Bus project file.

d) Test in PICED - create an on/off button and set that button to control the load. Use Simulation Mode to test if button toggles the load. Note that you may already HAVE such a button in there, in which case you just need to test that it works.

e) In PICED, go into the Schedule Editor and set up a schedule... choose the load (as per the Group Name defined in Toolkit and/or the Touchscreen Button). Set the times. Make sure Daylight Savings, Time Zone and other global settings are loaded and running properly (project details).

These notes are NOT detailed enough to actually do what you want... just getting a feel for how far you have it right now - for example, are the sprinklers actually connected to a C-Bus relay, is the relay addressed and controllable in C-Bus, does the Touchscreen communicate properly, etc

Cheers, John

JohnC, Apr 11, 2007
  3. Enigmatic

Darren Senior Member

Good post JohnC.

A couple of other things to consider :
    1. Make sure your C-Touch has the "Master Unit" option set
    2. If your Schedules use an Enable Group, make sure that Group is set (otherwise the Schedule will not run)

Darren, Apr 12, 2007
Ask a Question