SP USB to Parallel cable for old license dongle

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by frantic, May 28, 2017.

1. frantic

frantic

Hi ,
    I have an old site that I sometimes service living in the dark ages still running very old Schedule Plus version ?? with the old style parallel printer type dongle.
    The PC has been playing up a bit recently and I wanted to move to another PC they have on site. Problem is there are no Parallel printer ports for the License dongle. I was wondering if using a USB to Parallel cable would possibly work.
    The client is not interested in spending any $$ to go the full upgrade as the story has been for the last 6 years is we are moving buildings shortly.

frantic, May 28, 2017
  2. frantic

ashleigh Moderator

It may work but I have a lot of doubts.

Many PC's have an internal parallel printer port that is not brought out to the outside world (esp if build of ATX form factor motherboards). You might find you have one there if you poke around.

The other possibility if the PC has PCI slots is to purchase a PC parallel printer card. A quick check on eBay shows many are available at prices from about A$8 upwards.

ashleigh, May 28, 2017
Ask a Question