Square D Powerlink NF3000G3 & Clipsal PCI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by industeq, Nov 4, 2009.

1. industeq

industeq

For USA / Square D Powerlink Users FYI

Last night I was trying to program a physical input (1~16) on my NF3000G3C using a SPDT switch to enable a output on my Clipsal 12 channel relay.
    I did everything supposedly correct using the Square D PCS-101 Software and the Clipsal Toolkit but nothing worked.
    I programmed multiple addresses from the Powerlink to Clipsal and even from the Clipsal to the Powerlink (17~64) using groups as I previously had working a day before.
    Under frustration I then gave up and closed the PCS101 & Toolkit &shut down my PC. Then everything went crazy, I had modules outputs turning on and EDBG3 circuit breakers turning off. Spooky to say the least.

Now what I verified is that with the RS232 configuration I have that is a PCI attached to the NF3000G3 thru the RS232 dedicated, then the NF3000G3 connected via the Ethernet port to my wireless hub, to program remotely.
    I proved it cannot share the functionality of the communication of I/O to & from the PCI to the NF while programming the Toolkit & PCS wirelessly when the NF3000G3 is conected to a wireless hub.
    Yes I can program fine but the function will not work until close the all the programs so I thought I would let the public know.

Now I will attach my Clipsal Ethernet adapter and should take care of this issue as ity will be not sharing but each would be dedicated / programed on its own I.P address.

Regards
    Alan Dobbs
    Industeq, Inc.

industeq, Nov 4, 2009
  2. industeq

Newman

Whilst I'm not personally familiar with the PowerLink products, I do know that the PC Interface can only have 1 client connected at any given time. This is because the client takes ownership over setting the modes of the PC Interface, which may or may not suit other clients. As such, when something like Toolkit is connected to the PC Interface it will be 100% tied up and not available for any other functions.

Newman, Nov 4, 2009
  3. industeq

Wire_Bug

Sorry Alan - I should have mentioned this in the previous thread. You are correct, for the reason that Newman gave above - only one client connection at a time on a PCI which means that direct control communications between the NF3000G3C and the PCI will be halted for as long as your connection is open to your network in Toolkit.

Thanks for pointing that out to anybody who might come across this thread in the future.

-John

Wire_Bug, Nov 5, 2009
Ask a Question