Square eDLT switches?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by IanCun, Mar 23, 2015.

1. IanCun

IanCun

I'm in the UK and have square backboxes all around the house, so I'm ideally looking to upgrade to eDLT switches that fit the standard UK backbox. However, I can only see the Australian rectangular style eDLT size (if I drop down to DLT both are available).

Do you know if eDLT will come in the square format in time? I don't fancy replacing loads of backboxes in rooms that have already been decorated!

IanCun, Mar 23, 2015
  2. IanCun

Conformist

Hi Ian

Sorry to say that there is no eDLT in the square format and there is no plan to do one. Sales of DLT in this format have always been very low (less than 1% of rectangular DLT) so it was deemed early on not to be economically viable to develop one. In most regions that use the square format, the rectangular DLT has always been much more popular than the square version.

Sorry for the bad news...

Conformist, Mar 23, 2015
  3. IanCun

IanCun

Thanks for letting me know :). A shame, but I guess it makes business sense!

IanCun, Mar 24, 2015
Ask a Question