Starlink Remote Toolkit Access

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Weedo, Sep 3, 2024.

1. Weedo

Weedo

Hi All,

As we are moving quickly towards more common use of IPv6 and port forwarding is getting less practical due to CGNAT etc, i'm interested to see how people are working around these issues.

For access to the SHAC/NAC I've migrated to Cloudflare with a local nuc running docker and a cron but I'm not sure how toolkit can be made available via this method as Toolkit doesn't host server qualities.

Happy to share the cloudflare methodology for those interested, and hopefully someone has already discovered a work around for toolkit.

Thank
    Brent

Weedo, Sep 3, 2024
  2. Weedo

Wonkey

I use Tailscale, installed on a Raspberry Pi
    Can be configured to point to one device or many configured on the local network.
    Works great when CGNAT prevents port forwarding.

Wonkey, Sep 3, 2024
    DarylMc likes this.
  3. Weedo

Weedo

I'll have to check out tailscale, Thanks for the reply.

BW

Weedo, Sep 4, 2024
  4. Weedo

Diggerz

VPN is another option if yout router supports hosting a VPN server for remote connections.

Add the VPN server details to windows and connect, once connected you can open toolkit and connected to your CNI or automation controllers as if you are on the local network.

Diggerz, Sep 5, 2024
Ask a Question