Status and Action on one key

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by fred, Jul 18, 2011.

1. fred

fred

I have a group address for "gate action"... momentary "on" to open/close gate... and another group address for "gate status"... a proximity switch thru an aux input unit. I am wondering if I can get both groups onto one DLT Key. I need the indicator LED to show gate status (blue indicator "on" = gate closed) and the button to actuate gate????? Is this possible?

fred, Jul 18, 2011
  2. fred

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi fred,

I'm afraid that the DLT units don't support the manipulation of indicator assignments in this fashion.

However this is certainly possible with regular key units (Classic, Neo, Saturn, Reflection, etc) via the "Blocks" tab on the unit dialog. Place the "gate status" group on a spare block, ensure it is not associated with any keys and then set the indicator to this block.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
    daniel, Jul 19, 2011
  3. fred

Conformist

If you have a logic engine on the bus, you could change the label (variant) depending on the state of the gate...

e.g..

If the gate is open, set the variant to 1 and have variant 1 label 'gate open'
    If the gate is closed, set the variant to 2 and have variant 2 label 'gate closed'

Not as good as a quick glance at the indicator, but a fair compromise.

Conformist, Jul 19, 2011
  4. fred

fred

Thanks Guys

Shame blocks indicator assignment not avail on DLT...
    No logic engine on bus unfortunately...

Cheers

fred, Jul 19, 2011
Ask a Question