Strange Toolkit install problems

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Scar, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Scar

Scar

Hopefully someone out there can assist in a weird problem i am currently having installing Toolkit onto a brand new pc.

The pc is a brand new Windows xp SP2 machine with no other programs installed.

All software firewalls have been disabled (definetely disabled)

I install Toolkit (and i have tried very many versions 1.16,1.18 1.21,1.22) all appears to go well but when i start toolkit, C-gate fails to start.
    On some installed versions you see the cmd window flash up and then shuts itself down quickly so you cant even get a error message from it.

I rang Tech support and there only suggestion was disabling the firewall (already done)
    and also reinstalling (done many times)
    Does anyone else have any other ideas to get this installed??

Cheers.

Scar, Mar 27, 2006
  2. Scar

Richo

Richo, Mar 27, 2006
  3. Scar

Scar

Ok have now fixed the problem but it was nothing to do with Toolkit.
    There seems to be a bug in the java install program that causes the java install to fail if it cant see a drive that was previously on the system.

E.g
    You are connected to a network and have a mapped drive "G"
    You disconnect from the network and no longer have the drive G available.
    Install java and it tries to look for G drive and then fails.

Had a quick search on the net and found that the bug has been reported but really couldn't find a fix for it.

To get things installed I just connected a flash disk and assigned it the letter G and Java then installed no worries.

A bizarre problem but all is well now.
    Thanks.

Jason.

Scar, Mar 27, 2006
  4. Scar

Richo

Thanks for the update. I will log a request to have the C-Bus Toolkit installer confirm that Java was successfully installed, so at least we can provide some information to the user about what is going wrong from the C-Bus Toolkit side of things.

Richo, Mar 28, 2006
Ask a Question