Suggestion for new forum topic

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by jay, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jay

jay

I could not find a relevant topic to post this idea so i just stuck it here - feel free to move to a more appropriate location if one is created.
    I was wondering if the forum moderators could create a General or Employment Opportunity topic for the discussion of persons seeking work and for companies that are seeking C-Bus programmers & installers. This would be a great opportunity for newly trained C-Bus course graduates to promote themselves & for companies to find such people.
    Is this idea beyond the scope of the C-Bus forums or is there already such a place where this information can be found? (if there is i'd like to know).
    Let me know your thoughts.

jay, Apr 28, 2005
  2. jay

Bullpit

G'day
    Once accredited, with a couple of C-Bus jobs completed, and having met the requirements of Clipsal, ensure inclusion at http://www.clipsal.com/cis/cis_ins_dir_installers.php3

in the meantime keep marketing yourself and Home Automation at every opportunity....!!

Apart from that I haven't seen any relevant platforms re "exposure"....

"Post 'em, If ya find 'em"

Regards,
    Bullpit

Bullpit, Apr 30, 2005
  3. jay

darrenblake

Employment forum

Hi Jay,

I agree it would be great to have a resource were we can all (as SI'S) find new employees. As i'm sure both Sam and yourself know, it is extremely difficult to find reliable professional staff in this industry. The downside is, most people seeking employment in this sector will not list themselves on the forum. The industry is extremely small, and whether it be good or bad, everyone knows everybody. If people start listing their details, it is only a matter of moments before their current employer finds out. I am unfortunatley speaking from experience where it seems everyone knows your movements before you do.
    The best we can do as industry leaders is train them up from scratch, look after them, and hope they will hang around long enough to make it all worthwhile.
    Try speaking to your Clipsal rep(Shane), they always know whats going on around town
    Good Luck

darrenblake, Apr 30, 2005
  4. jay

Gkeshav

I agree with Jay, that's a pretty good suggestion!

As Darren stated, it's very difficult to find C-Bus Designers. I am an IT recruitment consultant, and one of my clients has put up this vacancy which falls out of the usual core IT roles I normally deal with. Needless to say, I havent been able to get in touch with anybody at this level and I'm not sure how I can reach this pool of professionals either!

:confused:

Gkeshav, Oct 9, 2008
  5. jay

Lucky555

Hey Darren,

Got any jobs going for a nice bloke with a few years of C-Bus experience ? I only know C-Bus down to about uhmmm,, the protocol ;) ;)

Lucky555, Oct 10, 2008
  6. jay

PSC

Lucky,

Darren never employs anyone that has worked for more companies than himself! :eek:

PSC, Oct 16, 2008
  7. jay

Lucky555

Pete, that means you would have absolutely no chance. That's called "leading with the chin".:D

Lucky555, Oct 18, 2008
Ask a Question