switch input unit

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Dudeyman, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Dudeyman

Dudeyman

After a power fail can a switch input unit lose memory.Im asking this because after a recent power fail a 6 gang switch input unit will control lights anymore but the indicator lights on the switches are ok. :confused:

Dudeyman, Feb 21, 2005
  2. Dudeyman

znelbok

Are the cbus indicator lights on on the relay and dimmer units?

If not then the power may not have "returned"

I had a similar experience recently, where power was back, enough to run the TV but the C-bus indicator lights were not on. The key input units did work though, just like in your case.

I put it down to low voltage. I did nt have my meter with me to measure and I cant be bothered doing an experiment to determine the cut off point.

If they are still not working after power is back and everything else is then maybe it is something else

Mick

znelbok, Feb 21, 2005
  3. Dudeyman

UncleDick

Can't get used to loosing you

The programming info is held in non volatile memory so loss of power SHOULDN'T cause loss of switching assignments or any details on the unit.

If the mains hasn't fully restored (C-bus should work ok from 200 - 270) then there may not be sufficient C-bus voltage for the network to operate. However if that was the case I would not expect the apparent 'loss' of info to only be at one unit, can you confirm the problem is only with one input unit. As Zneibok suggests look at the output unit that the 6 key is controlling (? are all 6 keys exibiting the same problem and are the loads they are controlling all on the same output unit - relay or dimmer?) use the local toggle buttons and see if they control their loads.

Oh I just realised that I am assuming that we are talking about WIRED C-bus, can you confirm that this is a wired C-bus install not a Wireless RF C-bus install.

UncleDick, Feb 22, 2005
  4. Dudeyman

Dudeyman

The problem is with one only input unit.
    keys are controlling different output units and the local control buttons control thier respective loads.
    It is a wired network

Dudeyman, Feb 22, 2005
  5. Dudeyman

UncleDick

Good Grief

Phark! Can you scan the network and see that particular unit - this is most perculiar.

UncleDick, Feb 22, 2005
Ask a Question