Toolkit problems

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Thomas, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Thomas

Thomas

I have experience the following trouble with the Toolkit:

On a small network (4x5A Dimmer plus NEO 8G key) the NEO key was rendered useless after downloading. This was resolved by downloading a blank key via V2 S/W. This was done on a PC running XP.

On a larger network, the NW Bridge (DIN) was set up completely wrong, and nothing but the local network could be accessed. This was done on a laptop running 98

Frequent errors are coming up when using toolkit, followed by closing down of the software.

All connections were made via a PCI.

I know that this is a bit vague (I was under quite a bit of pressure to finish these projects, and did not bother to document the details), but I was wondering if anyone have a similarly experience, and more importantly, what could be the reason for this?

Thomas, Dec 12, 2004
  2. Thomas

Duncan

Hi Thomas,

Are you able to provide the Build Number that you're using of the Toolkit?

If you're also able to provide the project files that rendered your Neo key inoperative and caused your bridge problems that'd also help.

Details of the errors that happened would also help.. when they come up there's a "send" button that can be used to email all of the details to us, alternatively if you're not online you could cut and paste the details for sending when have an internet connection handy.

A lot of sites with Neo and bridges have now been programmed with Toolkit, there's been no other reports of the Neo's being rendered inoperative or Bridge issues yet.. but there could well be undiscovered problems remaining.

Duncan, Dec 12, 2004
  3. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Duncan,

The build details are: Toolkit build 122 / Server C-Gate v2.1.0 build 2009. Unfortunately, I deleted the Neo off the project, and therefore only the Dimmer remains. However, the project with the Nw Bridge is available to you if you let me have an e-mail contact address. I have both files, namely the initial programming into the database, and that which remained after much fixing up. Noteworthy are the Nw Bridge addresses.
    Also I forgot to mention that only two of the serials, which I programmed into the database were matched by the software, although they were entered correctly. I was left with a bunch of duplicate units, which I subsequently deleted.
    I also want to mention that I find the software great as such, but am at the moment extremely wary about it. I do realize that I do not provide a lot of tech help here, as I did not document the problems properly, and also did not send the error reports. I will certainly be more diligent next time.

Thomas, Dec 13, 2004
  4. Thomas

Duncan

Hi Thomas,

I'll email you my details.

Can you expand on the Serial Number stuff.. a small number of units DONT have Serial Numbers in them, Light Level Sensors for eg. I'm wondering what the units were that didnt match, screenshots are always useful for these sort of things.. but I realise the impact this would have on your producitivity.

Duncan, Dec 13, 2004
  5. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Duncan,

I have mailed the file to you a moment ago.
    The serials which didn't match are for DIN relays and DIN dimmers. You will see from the files that I have not gone much beyond these types of units, except the bridge. On the project are approx 100 PIR sensors. I was dreading something to go wrong there, hence I switched back to V2.
    Next time when the pressure is not so great I will do all the necessary to provide you with more details on any problems. Doesn't help much now though...

Thomas, Dec 13, 2004
  6. Thomas

Duncan

Hi Thomas,

Got the files.. thanks.

PIR's _do_ have serial numbers, but a defect in the release of the Toolkit you are using means that they fail to get retrieved when scanning the Network. The next build fixes that.. (available soon).

Duncan, Dec 13, 2004
  7. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Duncan,

While this is not urgent at all, did you get any wiser through the files?

Regards
    Thomas

Thomas, Dec 26, 2004
Ask a Question