Toolkit transfer problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exsolter, Dec 5, 2010.

1. exsolter

exsolter

Hello Guys

Could someone give some advise on what could be a problem with my networks.
    I have 3 networks (2 brisges) and having low communications problem connecting throw 5500cn or connecting local usb unit.

Network 1 has 75 units (enough power)
    Network 2 has 54 units " "
    Network 3 has 25 units " "
    Cable lenghts are less than 600m
    Switches are mostly Saturn & DLTs

Burden is active on unit 1 and clock is on another in just the current network trying to work in, but just seem to have slow or near to no communications with devices on network
    As you can see from the 1 picture(this was on local usb) have unit I can't transfer back to database. Some of the transfer get to 71% then fail.

I have some units that will flash blue & Orange at me but when you look at the unit on the network power on the unit is up above 24v, but then other times the same switch is OK
    I have lights on sensors and sometimes when turning off they seem to not completely turn off but goto about 22%(not logic programmed yet)
    Also
    Some of the channels in the total network just on differrent networks can just turn on, have the pc on the network and nothing seems to be triggering those groups assigned to the channels that appears in the logs.

I've even tried to plugged external burden in and removed from units and still the same thing.

I have thermostat in the network and have dropped the communications down and time to max

Does anyone have any ideas????

Thanks
    Kev

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2010
    exsolter, Dec 5, 2010
  2. exsolter

tobex

Sounds like a short circuit in the data network.

tobex, Dec 5, 2010
  3. exsolter

exsolter

Thanks for an answer

But if all the units on the networks are powered up, how can it be a short

But it give me a start

Thanks
    Kev

exsolter, Dec 5, 2010
  4. exsolter

2SC

I had similar problems and they were solved when I plugged one of these expensive external burdens.

I would like to propose you to do a restart of your computer before rescanning the network after you add the external burden.

It seems that sometimes toolkit keeps in mind bad memories....

2SC, Dec 5, 2010
  5. exsolter

Newman

It's unlikely to be a short but you definitely have a network communication issue to resolve, so it's time to work through all the basics. The flashing blue/orange indicators also tell you that the particular switch is having trouble getting it's messages through.

With a network of that size, it may be the case that you don't need a burden at all. What does the calculator in Toolkit tell you about the impedance of the network?

Newman, Dec 6, 2010
  6. exsolter

exsolter

Thanks Guys

Looks like I have a FAULTY PACA CBUS port,

As when 1 cable is removed and powered by the right port all is OK
    but when plugged into the left port have comms faults

This PACA unit was plugged into the main network before most of the switches, which were giving me the flashing lights

So at this stage all problems have gone away while I'm not plugging into this port

Will look at replacing Paca unit with another

Thanks for the pointers

Kev

exsolter, Dec 6, 2010
Ask a Question