Unexpected error using PICED

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by angelosalexiou, Aug 19, 2008.

1. angelosalexiou

angelosalexiou

Hello to all. I'm facing a problem with my PICED software. I started PICED application, with a new blank project in order to work with my PAC. I clicked "Edit Logic" and then when the window appeared i went directly to help.

So far so good! When i open the help content i wanted then to close everything and leave the help opened in order to take some notes of my own.

As soon as i did it, PICED application had closed and i cant run it. There is the following error message:

Exception 'EAccessViolation' in module PICED.exe at 0050CD67
    Access violation at address 0090DD67 in module 'PICED.exe'. Read of address 00000778

Module: LogicEntryFrm, Source: LogicEntryFrm.pas, Line 4245
    Procedure: TLogicEntryForm.SetLogicState

I uninstalled PICED, download it again and install it but the problem is the same. I uninstalled it again, used registry cleaning software and install it again. The error message doesn't leave.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I have already pressed "Send" in order to send the error message to Clipsal.

angelosalexiou, Aug 19, 2008
  2. angelosalexiou

Darren Senior Member

I believe that the cause of this problem will be solved with the next release of PICED which is due very, very soon.

Darren, Aug 22, 2008
  3. angelosalexiou

angelosalexiou

Do you know approximately when it will be available?? ;)

angelosalexiou, Aug 22, 2008
  4. angelosalexiou

PSC

Tuesday :p

PSC, Aug 22, 2008
  5. angelosalexiou

ashleigh Moderator

About lunch time.

ashleigh, Aug 23, 2008
  6. angelosalexiou

Nathan

will it have the backlight not turning off issue on older black and white touchscreens fixed?

Nathan, Aug 24, 2008
  7. angelosalexiou

Darren Senior Member

Yes

Darren, Aug 25, 2008
  8. angelosalexiou

angelosalexiou

i have downloaded and install PICED v4.4.0 but the problem seems to be the same!!

So, when i'm lauching PICED i get "PICED.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I pressed "click here" for more info and i get the following:

AppName: piced.exe
    AppVer: 4.4.0.0
    ModNane: kernel32.dll (WTF???)
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512
    Offset: 00012aeb

I press "Close" and then PICED Application is moving on to "Project Detals Wizard". Whatever i do there i get "Unexpected error occur"

Then i press "Cancel" to close PICED and i get the following error on messagebox:

"Error on call Winsock2 library function 'shutdown'. Either the application has not called WSAStartup, or WSAStartup failed"

Any ideas???

angelosalexiou, Aug 27, 2008
  9. angelosalexiou

Richo

If you are running Vista you will need to run the application with administrator privileges. See this thread http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4488

Richo, Aug 27, 2008
  10. angelosalexiou

Darren Senior Member

The error messages appear to be different to what you were getting previously.

Do you get a form with the "Send" button on it ? If so, can you click on it so we get the full details.

If not, can you do a screen grab of the error messages (use Ctrl + Print Screen) and post it ?

From your previous error messages which you sent in, one says you are running Windows 98 and the other says Windows XP SP3. Which one are you using now ?

Darren, Aug 28, 2008
  11. angelosalexiou

angelosalexiou

TO RICHO:
    Friend i'm using WinXP SP3 and i'm not planning to move to Vista!

TO DARREN:
    The error messages are the same as in the first post but this time i gave you some more details in order to get an idea of this problem. Of course, i have sent many time the error messages to Clipsal.
    As for the Win98 friend, for me this version of windows is dead :p

Here are all the screenshots for this problem (i have uploaded a ZIP file)

Attached Files:

angelosalexiou, Aug 28, 2008
  12. angelosalexiou

Richo

Looks like the error is happening early in the startup of Piced, prior to Delphi's exception mechanism loading.

If it's not too much trouble could you do a test for me.

Download the software http://www.dependencywalker.com/depends22_x86.zip from this website http://www.dependencywalker.com

It is a simple "debugger" that may capture useful information about what is happening during loading of Piced.

A) Extract the files form the zip and run the application "depends.exe".

B) Select File|Open from the menu and browse to and select the Tica executable file. c:\clipsal\piced\piced.exe (guessing on path here)

C) Select the menu options Profile|Start profiling

D) Check all the checkboxes on the dialog, EXCEPT "Automatically open and profile child processes"

E) press OK.

Now the program will try and run Piced. Once the error has occurred, close Piced.

A) Select File|Save As ... browse to a folder on you computer that you can find again, enter enter the name Piced.dwi and press save.

Now post this file to the forums, or send to tech support with a note to pass onto Darren.

(Darren: you will be able to open this file in depends.exe and will give you a good idea of what is happening)

Richo, Aug 28, 2008
  13. angelosalexiou

angelosalexiou

Richo i did want exactly what you told me!

As soon as i press Profile-->Start Profiling the debugger started to log everything BUT the PICED application didn't start!!

Here is the log file file as you asked... (i made it zip in order to reduce the size of it)

Attached Files:

angelosalexiou, Aug 28, 2008
  14. angelosalexiou

Richo

Thanks for that. I talk to Darren about the results.

Richo, Aug 28, 2008
  15. angelosalexiou

Richo

In the screen captures 2.jpg shows the debug info of the first exception. In that dialog there is the link "To view technical information about the error report, click here", does that provide a link to a dump file? This might contain a stack trace which would be really useful.

Otherwise may need to setup Dr.Watson (Microsofts crash data gathering tool), although I think Windows does that automatically nowadays.

Richo, Aug 28, 2008
  16. angelosalexiou

angelosalexiou

Richo, here is the dump file of that error that you need to proceed...!

Please inform me what can we do about there problems...

Attached Files:

angelosalexiou, Aug 29, 2008
  17. angelosalexiou

ashleigh Moderator

Hi angelo

I looked at the dependancy walker dump you posted.

I can see a thing called "ACAPTUSER32.DLL" being loaded, this seems to be part of Adobe 3D, and has caused trouble for some other programs.

Suggestions to try (with no guarantee of success).

1. Are you running on Windows XP 64 bit edition? It *might* be that PICED won't work on that. Don't know for sure.

2. Do you have Adobe 3D installed? If you do, it might be worth trying to uninstall it.

3. If you don't want to uninstall Adobe 3D (and you do have it installed) then you might also be able to try changing the compatibility settings when you run PICED. Find or make a shortcut to the PICED.EXE file. Then right click the shortcut, you should get a compatibility tab. Try changing the compatibility to an option to run like on Windows 2000.

I can't be sure if any of these will make the fix for you, they are things I found when checking out some of the issues that people have found with the Adobe 3D and its incompatibility with some other programs.

ashleigh, Aug 30, 2008
  18. angelosalexiou

angelosalexiou

Hello Ashleigh.

I'm running WinXP 32-Bit with SP3.

As for the "ACAPTUSER32.DLL" i have installed on my system Adobe 9 (Distiller, Reader, Photophop, Acrobat Pro, ImageReady and LifeCycle Designer).

I believe you that it might cause a problem but PICED was working perfectly before, even with these programs installed on my system and the whole thing happend as described in my first post....!

angelosalexiou, Aug 30, 2008
  19. angelosalexiou

ashleigh Moderator

Have you tried the compatibility option I suggested (make a shortcut to the exe and set that to run as if on windows 2000)?

Another thing: Can you turn off the Windows firewall and try it again? Let us know what happens. (And if it was turned on, make sure to turn it on again after trying this).

ashleigh, Aug 31, 2008
  20. angelosalexiou

angelosalexiou

Ashleigh i've tried all of the above but the problem it is the same...! Nothing new happend! :confused:

The good thing is that everything in my house working perfectly because i already programmed them months ago.

The bad thing is that i bought something new and i can't make it work the way i want (i will tell you more details some other time what i have done here).

angelosalexiou, Aug 31, 2008
Ask a Question