User parameter application group 250 and others....

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Ambro, Jul 27, 2024.

1. Ambro

Ambro

Hi all,

It's been forever since I've had a look at my SHAC setup - I've put scripts in a long time ago and found it broken and cumbersome.

The main reason for the unit not behaving properly was due to the fact that in my cgl file I had a redundant secondary network which wasn't active. The fact that this network was not present caused the cbus connection to drop in and out of being online; after some hair pulling I deleted the network in the tags/ objects and voila it works perfectly now!

I must have known this when I first set up the unit but at a later date I transferred the cgl file from toolkit and forgot to delete the other network and hence I gave up working on the SHAC wondering what I did to break it....

Anyway - now I have updated my email sending through gmail (new password needed as detailed elsewhere in this forum) and cleaned most things up. However my resident scripts throw errors due to the fact I must have deleted the User Parameter application 250 from the tags.

Problem is I can not add an Object or Tag with the application 250 - it only allows me to add an application up to 127....

Looking at my objects I have application 250 (user parameters), 228 (measurement), 255 (unknown to me) & 208 (security) being shown but they are not labeled or Tagged and I can't add them.

Anybody kind enough to help tell me how to add these Applications please - thanks in advance!

Ambro, Jul 27, 2024
  2. Ambro

Dasman

Curious, does the option of the user parameter application still exist for you under the tag map section?

upload_2024-7-29_22-11-54.png

As long as it exists here, you should be able to add a user parameter group under the objects tab

upload_2024-7-29_22-13-4.png

Dasman, Jul 29, 2024
  3. Ambro

Ambro

No I don't have anything above application addresse 200 except trigger and enable controls.
    I can't add any application addresses beyond 127.

Here's a screen dump:

upload_2024-7-31_1-26-43.png

Ambro, Jul 30, 2024
  4. Ambro

Dasman

Interesting, thats a new one for me.

I have a sneaking feeling the easiest way to a resolution here would be to back up any scripts and UI that you might have built, factory reset the unit, reimport the CGL file, and then restore your scripts and UI.

Dasman, Aug 16, 2024
Ask a Question