using a PAC as a PC Interface

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Neil C, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Neil C

Neil C

If there are Pascal programs created and stored on a PAC, do these still run whilst a PC is connected into the USB port?

I'm investigating an installation which uses third party software to talk to the C-bus system, and so a PC would need to be plugged in permanently to the C-bus network. However, if this will effectively disable the Pascal programs which are stored on in the PAC, I may well have a problem here.

Neil C, Sep 24, 2007
  2. Neil C

Lucky555

A PACA does not function as a PAC and a PC interface at the same time. Once you connect a device and send appropriate serial commands eg from toolkit of other third party device the unit will flip into PCI mode. Whilst in this mode your PAC code/functions will not operate. You need to disconnect from the usb which will see the PAC reboot and go back to normal.

That's my understanding. If I have said anything wrong one of the clever guys from CIS will jump in :) and put it straight.

Lucky555, Sep 24, 2007
  3. Neil C

Lucky555

Well either I'm correct with my post or the CIS boys are all busy. I heard they may be busy with the Darren for Prime Minister campaign ??? :D

Lucky555, Sep 25, 2007
  4. Neil C

Richo

You were right about the PAC and Darren. :)

Richo, Sep 25, 2007
  5. Neil C

Darren Senior Member

Lucky 555, you are correct about the PAC.

I will forgive your minor impatience because you are doing an important community service by maintaining public awareness of the "Darren for PM" campaign ;-)

Darren, Sep 28, 2007
  6. Neil C

Lucky555

That wasn't a minor impatience, it was a big hint - - and not a hint about the current political scene either :confused: :confused: :confused: ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2007
    Lucky555, Sep 28, 2007
Ask a Question