Using C-bus with VB.net

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by slwarre75, Jan 10, 2006.

1. slwarre75

slwarre75

Hi,

I have an existing VB.net application that I wish to interface with C-bus. I have downloaded the C-bus driver software and are able to connect using the Lantronix Redirector Software but from that point on I can't seem to switch any lights. I beleive that I'm having a similar problem to what was posted in this thread. http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1274

Can anybody please advise of the best approach when using VB.net? Should I instead be using C-gate2 and connecting using sockets? Does this offer full functionality?

Are there any other alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

slwarre75, Jan 10, 2006
  2. slwarre75

ashleigh Moderator

As previously pointed out, the VB.net environment seems to be strange (to say the least).

We have pulled the VB example because we cannot justify the time to try and figure out what is going on.

I'd suggest you use C-Gate and sockets. You will get a full-featured interface this way. C-Gate doco is lacking right now, but follow enough threads here and use the C-Gate 1.5 doco, and you should be able to get something that works.

When in doubt or for verification, use a Telnet connection into C-Gate and type your commands in.

ashleigh, Jan 10, 2006
  3. slwarre75

NickLocke

This works....

It's very old and not very clever, but might save you some brain teasing. I agree with the others that the DLL based approach is very wierd - sockets is easier.

Attached Files:

NickLocke, Jan 10, 2006
  4. slwarre75

slwarre75

Thanks All. I now have sockets working fine in my VB.net app.

Steve

slwarre75, Jan 19, 2006
Ask a Question