Vista Ultimate (64bit) driver for 5500PACA

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Snorting, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Snorting

Snorting

Is the 5500PACA supported in a Vista 64bit environment?
    I recently updated my laptops to ones with Vista Ultimate preinstalled. I am running PICED 4.4.1 and Toolkit 1.9.3. When I connect a PAC, Windows cannot find a suitable USB driver. Does anyone know if one exists for Vista Ultimate?

Snorting, Oct 10, 2008
  2. Snorting

SeamlessAutomation

PAC & Windows Vista

Clipsal now support windows vista,

In toolkit there is a option on the file menu to install USB Drivers For PCI run this if you have not already, then plug in your PAC unit to the usb port and the found new hardware wizzard should come up, it may say 5500PACA PCI...in other words it will refer to it as a PC interface also, but should work, then check your COM ports in device manager to find out your port number, then start PICED and set the correct port number and you should be ok.

SeamlessAutomation, Oct 13, 2008
  3. Snorting

Newman

From the CIS Website:
    Toolkit uses newer USB drivers than PICED. I'd suggest that you re-install the three USB drivers from the Toolkit File menu, close Toolkit and C-Gate and then connect your PAC.

If you're still having trouble after that then you'll need to wait for Toolkit 1.10 which will use an updated driver that has been checked on 64-bit Vista.

Newman, Oct 13, 2008
  4. Snorting

Snorting

Thanks but no success. I installed the drivers from Toolkit but the wizzard could not locate a suitable one. I guess I'll wait for 1.10. Thanks again.

Snorting, Oct 13, 2008
Ask a Question