Windows 7 problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dodge1, May 1, 2012.

1. dodge1

dodge1

I have an installation that I am trying to make changes to the CTOUCH but I am unable to connect and transfer changes. I have recently replaced my computer and it currently has windows 7 on it. Has anyone seen issues with connecting to CTOUCH with windows 7? The dialogue box on the touch screen never comes up showing the IP address of the CT so I am unable to click OK on the PICED screen. If I do PICED comes back with no device found check connection. I am connecting with rollover cable through the front of the CT.

dodge1, May 1, 2012
  2. dodge1

Dave Byron

dodg1
    Been using Win 7 since pre-release version with no Win7 troubles.
    Only trouble I had was with the USB to Serial cable, ended up getting a new one that had Win7 and XP driver (old laptop) for it.

If I do PICED comes back with no device found check connection.
    Think the cable your troublle here

Dave

Dave Byron, May 1, 2012
  3. dodge1

dodge1

I tried the cable as well no luck. I can ping the IP on CT all day and get replies back. Here is a screen shot of the latest error message.

Attached Files:

dodge1, May 1, 2012
  4. dodge1

dodge1

I discovered the issue. This computers Ethernet port auto switches so no need for cross over cable. Use straight through patch cord now no problems.

dodge1, May 3, 2012
  5. dodge1

Peter Kirkup

Ive been having the exact same issues, just tryed using the straight through patch cord and this hasnt worked either....

Peter Kirkup, May 9, 2012
  6. dodge1

dodge1

Make sure not to use the direct connect option when using the straight thru cable or ethernet switch instead select auto search and then the touch screen IP should come up. You then should be able to select that IP and transfer project files.

dodge1, May 10, 2012
Ask a Question