windows7 Home Premium 64bit

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by carlg, May 9, 2014.

1. carlg

carlg

Having problem connecting to a Serial PCI using a USB to Serial (Prolific USB to Serial) convertor with toolkit 1.13.0.
    Toolkit keeps coming back with unable to reset PCI. When it tries to connect you can see the Unit/Coms light flashing so there is activity on the serial side.

It worked fine before I upgraded to Toolkit 1.13.00 (was 1.11.10).

It does work if I use the 5500PCU

I have upgraded the USB to Serial Driver but still does not work.

Any suggestions please :)

carlg, May 9, 2014
  2. carlg

DarylMc

If you search the forum you will see people a few people have had problems with Prolific USB to serial adapters.

DarylMc, May 9, 2014
  3. carlg

ashleigh Moderator

Oh no!

Please please don't use a prolific based converter. They are terrible. The drivers are awful, buggy, and keep changing. To make matters worse, they re-use their USB product ID's so that new products have the same IDs as old - therefore the drivers think an older product is a newer one (or vice versa) - but the old and new are not software compatible.

If you want an easy life, for about $20 more, use one of the FTDI based converters that you can get from Dontronics.

ashleigh, May 11, 2014
  4. carlg

daniel C-Busser Moderator

daniel, May 12, 2014
Ask a Question