Wireless control without Wiser?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Shone, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Paul Shone

Paul Shone

Hi all,

I have to quote on a large commercial project, it involves a 20k seater multi use arena (concerts and sporting events). The client wants to give temporary control of the existing 'High Bay' house lighting (DSI) lighting to the event lighting desk. The problem is that the desk has neither permanent or fixed position as this is detemined by the type of event being staged, type of lighting rig and the 3rd parties involved.

The venue has a commercial strength wirless network though out the building and is the obvious choice as the control tranport medium. My initial thoughts are to change the existing DSI controlles to C-Bus types and link C-Bus to the venues Ethernet network via somthing like Wiser and provide a IPad that can talk wirelessly to C-Bus via Ethernet for the control, this could then just be given to the lighting control engineers on the day.

Can I use a combination of IPad/Iphone App, E5500CN and or Wiser components to achieve this? or does anyone else have any better ideas.

Thanks

Paul.

Paul Shone, Jan 25, 2013
  2. Paul Shone

rhamer

Hi Paul,

PM me with your email address, I have a solution for you.

Regards

Rohan

rhamer, Jan 27, 2013
Ask a Question