Wiser 2 App - how to turn off SSL for Remote Connection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BillieB, Sep 10, 2024.

1. BillieB

BillieB

Good Morning
    I purchased a house with CBus and had the Wiser App installed on my phone and all worked great. Now my phone updated the App to Wiser 2 and the Use SSL for Remote Connection is on by default and my I can not connect.

Is there a way to turn this off?
    Thanks

BillieB, Sep 10, 2024
  2. BillieB

ben addison

Hi,

you need to update the firmware on the wiser 2

ben addison, Sep 10, 2024
  3. BillieB

oracle

if you are using android just install the old version of the apk and all will work as it did.
    h**ps://apkpure.com/wiser-2/com.schneider_electric.wiser2/downloading/4.00.01

lets be serious the update is a shit show - then you need to update the later Piced which needs the later Cgate then you need to update Toolkit or spacelogic comission, which is fine if you have 1 project, I have several hundred projects and alot cannot be updated.as the newer toolkit version cannot figure out some legacy applications. What schneider should do is update the local ip address field in the app to accept FQDN and then any amatuer networking guy with reverse proxy and some network tweaking can close all ports on his router and still connect remotely as if they in their home network and all traffic could be behind SSL and have certificates. a SFF pc or raspberry pi running nginx reverse proxy, pihole or adgaurd as dns host a free cloudflare account linked to lets encrypt for ssl certificates. To indenify themselves put a disclamer that they suggest never to open ports to the internet but do so at your own risk and help educate installers on how to value add and perhaps install better home networks to their clients. not just wake up one morning and have all your clients ring up because Schneider broke their wiser and all have a distaste now for home automation or the clipsal brand. rant complete!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2024 at 1:26 AM
    oracle, Sep 17, 2024 at 1:10 AM
Ask a Question