Wiser 2 Upgrade

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by cmalandrakis, Dec 4, 2022.

1. cmalandrakis

cmalandrakis

Hello all
    Unable to use any more my Wiser 1 ,due to the Flash Player issue , I decided to Upgrade to Wiser 2 .
    I purchased the new unit and connected to my home LAN network and C bus . I have fixed the IP address by using the unit Mac address and my router's DHCP binding function.
    Using tool kit software version 1.16.1 I scanned my C bus network and created a C bus project file .
    Next I used PICED software , version 4.14.4 , to create a PICED project and transferred the project to Wiser 2 . No error message was dispayed before transfer . Following this the Wiser lost connection with C bus , the C bus led is still red , the project is valid in the unit , I can see all locations , functions and widgets but since there is no C bus connection Wiser project actions do not activate C bus components .
    I have performed a partial reset to the unit without success, no change .
    For remote access I use Dyndns service for several years but now this is not working any more .

Any comments , or ideas on how to solve this problem will be welcomed and strongly appreciated .
    Thanks and regards , Christos .

cmalandrakis, Dec 4, 2022
  2. cmalandrakis

Wonkey

There are many possible issues, but I will start with the obvious as I don't know what you have tried yourself.
    Is the wiser 2 connected to C-Bus network (Pink Cat 5)
    is there voltage on the Pink cat 5
    Is the polarity correct on C-Bus connector

Wonkey, Dec 5, 2022
  3. cmalandrakis

cmalandrakis

Hi all
    The problem i was reffering to my previous message is solved thanks to Brad Merrick support .
    The C- Gate server location was set to "Local Machine "and the C bus was set to "Direct" .
    The project type also was set to 'C Bus Home Controller " and not Wiser 2.
    Follwing these changes and a new project transfer the unit connected to C bus and works properly .
    The mobile Wiser 2 application installed from Apple store in my I-phone is still not working and I get the message " Login Failed " . I need to review the port forwarding settings in my router and possibly the application settings .
    Any advise on the mobile application issue is very welcomed.
    In my opinion there is lack of documetation for installation and programming the unit .
    Regards, Christos

cmalandrakis, Dec 5, 2022
  4. cmalandrakis

Wonkey

Christos
    Within the Piced program there are help files explaining a lot about the programming of the Wiser 2, The big challenge is knowing what to search for. The user guide is a good starting point to see the capabilities of the unit.
    But if you are stuck the forum is a source of info and remember there is a tech support team.

Wonkey, Dec 6, 2022
  5. cmalandrakis

cmalandrakis

Hi Wonkey and thanks for your response .
    I have downloaded all relevent Installation and user manuals and I have configured my router and Wiser 2 unit according to the proposed settings . The problem is still there and I don't have remote access to the unit .
    I downloaded Wiser 2 mobile app from Apple store and Google store in my Iphone and an Android phone but no success . Probably something is wrong .
    From my laptop using the browser I have access to the unit's IP address and I can see and use the project.
    Any help is welcomed . Thanks

Christos

cmalandrakis, Dec 6, 2022
  6. cmalandrakis

Wonkey

Hi Christos
    I presume you know you WAN IP address have you tried pinging this address and whatever port you are using.
    Also check with your ISP that those port are open, some ISP's use double NAT which makes it very hard to get to your own network.
    Search double nat in this forum and you will see the issue has been discussed many times.

Wonkey, Dec 9, 2022
  7. cmalandrakis

bmerrick

Hi Wonkey,

Been assisting him directly and his Wiser is now up and running normally. Sorry, was thinking Christos would post back (being his time zone is out of kilt with ours).

Have a good weekend,

Brad

bmerrick, Dec 9, 2022
  8. cmalandrakis

Wonkey

Thanks for update and being a great forum member, have a great Christmas
    Colin

Wonkey, Dec 12, 2022
Ask a Question