Wiser access from internet (optionB)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by slackj, Jun 5, 2012.

1. slackj

slackj

I have read many people have struggled with this one Option B from manual. using customers router and port forwarding - add me to the list.
    I have configured the cbus network with toolkit fine, used Piced and can access it on the LAN with a browser and via an iphone with the wiser app - all fine.
    However, access from an external fixed IP - nothing.
    The ISP doesn't block ports.
    (I have a camera connected with its own webserver and set to use port 5555, this works fine.)

My network as it is - almost 100% default

192.168.1.1 - draytek router
    192.168.1.101 - Wiser
    192.168.1.102 - CNI

ports forwarded in attached screen shot.
    I am using toolkit 1.11.10, Piced 4.10.1.0, Iphone app 1.2.0, Wiser firmware Kona_1.24.0, CNI status on attached screenshot.

Finally in creating this post;
    A little bug ? In Piced I have had the correct external static IP address in the wiser connection wizard (attached screenshot) for sometime but never managed to connect from a remote connection when transfering project back to Wiser ? always tried it and then used the local 192.168.1.101. For this post I changed the IP to XX.XX.XX.91 did the screenshot and changed it back to what it should be ? I connected externally!!!! Proving draytek router port forwarding is correct for 8336.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

slackj, Jun 5, 2012
  2. slackj

slackj

It now works from external IP

Hope this is of use to others - try re entering IP addresses in Piced - what is displayed might not be what has been saved to config.

slackj, Jun 5, 2012
  3. slackj

NickD Moderator

In the Wiser Tools page, is the "Enable Projector Control" option on (green)?

Also, have you enabled LAN mode in the Wiser project in PICED?

Nick

NickD, Jun 6, 2012
  4. slackj

slackj

Hi NickD,
    Thanks for the reply, yes to both, and it now works after I re-entered the external IP address. I think the difference was I entered it first time before I had added the port forwarding on the router.

slackj, Jun 6, 2012
  5. slackj

Colin Moderator

Just One little note

i see in your port forwarding you have

Port forward for 14000 for wiser CNI
    and a port forward for 10001 for CNI

According to your notes you have only one CNI and that is at x.102 your Wiser is at X.101 and looking at the image your CNI port is 10001

If you wish to use Wiser to Remotely Access C_bus using Toolkit.

Then in your PICED project you should have the CNI IP Set to x.102 and the port as 10001

Remove the port forwarding for port 14000 to x.102 it is doing nothing.
    Change the Port forwarding for 10001 to x.101 being the wiser.

When Connecting remotely with toolkit, the connection to the CNI is routed through Wiser, it is not possible to connect toolkit directly to the CNI if it is being used by Wiser.

I hope this is not confusing.

Last of all as Nick stated, Ensure Enable Projector Control is green in the tools page on Wiser Web UI. Special note if it is green and connection is still not working. Disable it, wait for wiser to re-start and then enabled it again. again wait for wiser to restart. of course do this from the local LAN.

If you want remote access for toolkit or project transfer enable the other options in the tools page also.

And again with reference to Nick, in PICED enable LAN mode, Enter your Gateway and your ISP provided DNS address. (refer to your ISP website for the correct DNS)

Colin, Jun 7, 2012
Ask a Question