Wiser app on ipad / iphone - multitask and lock screen

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by >>aSh<<, Mar 2, 2012.

1. >>aSh<<

>>aSh<<

Has someone checked if when running wiser app are you able to switch between other apps on iphone / ipad, i tried it on customers ipad and everytime i double tap the home button on ipad i can see the slide bar at bottom pop up for multi task but then i am thrown back to home page. I checked it with other apps to make sure multitasking is working on customer's ipad and no problems there.

Also I observed the wiser app stops running if the ipad goes on standby/lock screen. Checked all other apps and they remain open to their last state. Can someone verify this. I dont have an iphone/ipad :(

Thanks

>>aSh<<, Mar 2, 2012
  2. >>aSh<<

Newman

I experience the same for both scenarios.

My understanding is that this is driven by the fact that the Wiser can have both a LAN and WAN connection made to it. If you change from LAN to WAN the connection needs to be re-established so the app drops the connection when it goes to the background and re-establishes the connection when it's brought back to the foreground.

Newman, Mar 2, 2012
  3. >>aSh<<

>>aSh<<

Thanks for the feedback. Its just that customer wanted to leave the app running and doesnt really like to re-connect everytime as the wiser app does take a little time to load.

>>aSh<<, Mar 3, 2012
  4. >>aSh<<

paulw11

I think the issue is more that the app isn't really written for muti-tasking.
    There are APIs in the IOS SDK that will determine the reachability of IP addresses and what sort of connection you have (WiFi vs 3G), so it would be pretty simple for the app to monitor reachability of both LAN and WAN addresses and only switch when necessary (ie prefer LAN connection).

Hopefully when/if the app is upgraded this will be addressed.

I am wondering if Clipsal would be better off documenting the protocol between the app and the wiser and leaving app development to third parties?

Paul

paulw11, Mar 28, 2012
Ask a Question