Wiser fail with large scene

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by ven, Mar 10, 2011.

1. ven

ven

Hi Guys,
    I have a wiser installed with 8 current scenes. Some with 97 and 96 groups ,It works exactly as it should.
    As soon as I add a large scene (All OFF) 98 groups and transfere the program to the wiser the gui becomes unreachable.
    If I remove this scene and re-transfere all is back to normal.
    Any Ideas?

Also my client has to IP ptz cameras, I cant get their "still images" to work on the wiser, will this have any thing to do with the ptz function?

ven, Mar 10, 2011
  2. ven

kjayakumar

Quick question, which version of the Wiser firmware do you have (should be something like 1.22.0) and which version of PICED are you using. Does the still image (snapshot) for the IP camera work in a browser, check to make sure your camera isn't using an authentication cookie stored in the browser. What does the URL for your snapshot look like? I don't think PTZ should be an issue since I would not expect PTZ to affect snapshot URLs.

kjayakumar, Mar 12, 2011
  3. ven

filpee

I have a similar problem with 25 scenes @80 groups in each plus two more with 88 groups. Another 20 or so groups with about 12 in each.

What I have noticed is that the very last scene (scene 48) is one of the larger scenes with 88 group addresses. When this code is uploaded to the wiser I get a "Cannot connect to Wiser" message.

If I add one more group, in this case scene 49 with one group address in it, and transfer that code, the wiser connects.

Shifting around the scenes doesnt seem to fix this so very strange that adding one extra scene does fix this??

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2011
    filpee, Mar 14, 2011
  4. ven

ven

Hi Filpee,
    we have the same issue, i try to add a group and see the results.
    Will get you more info on the ptz's

ven, Mar 16, 2011
  5. ven

oracle

it is not the PTZ function I can almost garantee.

these functions generally use a CGI - and are controlled from the cameras inbuilt webserver- which generally uses some srt of activex control.

get the correct URL referencing the cgi of the camera read my other post for example
    http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35104&postcount=4

oracle, Mar 16, 2011
Ask a Question