wiser is not changing its IP

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by praveen123, Jul 17, 2014.

1. praveen123

praveen123

Hi all,

Recently i programmed New White Wiser .The unit worked well .
    Due to network changes , I have to change the IP address and when im trying to change the Ip , It showing the error message of "IP address format error" .I too tried in another wiser ,there also it showing same error. Is it problem with Newer wisers ???

Thanking you in advance.

praveen123, Jul 17, 2014
  2. praveen123

Thomas

Faulty

Hi Praveen,

I've had a few of those. This is apparently a bad batch. Unless you can use them as is, you'll have to get them replaced.

Thomas, Jul 21, 2014
  3. praveen123

bmerrick

Hi Guys,

Thomas is probably giving you the right advice about a batch related issue but I note that I had the identical problem/error when configuring using the 13.0 TK Control Systems IP Utility.

If I didn't also enter the subnet mask and gateway address at the same time as putting in the new IP address, I got the error. The unit seemed to let you just change one, being the IP address, but gave the error if the other two parameters were omitted, even though they were listed as being read from the CNI and didn't actually need changing. I just tried it again putting in all three paramater and it worked.

I can't tell you if it needed both, maybe it just needed the mask (??) but I just moved on with the install so didn't try either/both individually.

May be worth a try if you haven't already.

All the best,

Brad

bmerrick, Jul 22, 2014
  4. praveen123

Thomas

Hi Brad,

I am glad you add your experience to this. Interesting point.

When setting up a wiser I have never tried to set the IP via the IP utility, as I usually also switch off the DHCP server.
    What happened with the faulty units which I came across is that after a month of use, suddenly the network is all upside down.
    When checking I found that the IP of the Wiser, not CNI, had defaulted back to factory settings, and the DHCP server was switched on. You could change neither to anything else from then on.

So perhaps more info is needed from Praveen, to hear if he actually refers to the wiser or the CNI.

Thomas, Jul 22, 2014
  5. praveen123

praveen123

Thank you for your information guys.

Im facing the problem with the Wiser Unit. and by the way the CNI is working fine. Im unable to change the wiser IP even i filled subnet mask and default gateway.

Thomas can you please give me the details how can i notice that faulty batch ??

thanks in advance .

praveen123, Jul 23, 2014
  6. praveen123

Thomas

Hi Praveen,

The reason why I say that it must be a faulty batch is because I had three or four of them at the beginning of this year which had the same problem.
    Thankfully the replacement units are still alive. :)

I don't see you facing an argument if you return your unit for replacement.

Thomas, Jul 28, 2014
  7. praveen123

Robbo_VIC

We have experienced 2 of these issues in the passed week, with Wiser White units which have been installed at least 6 months (i think) ago.

Overcame the first issue by just replacing the Wiser but have tried entering subnet mask and gateway at the same time for the second case but still getting the error.

Robbo_VIC, Nov 18, 2014
Ask a Question