Wiser Power Meter Losers Totals

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by stargaze, Apr 10, 2012.

1. stargaze

stargaze

why is it when i do a program change on wiser i lose the data in the power meter totals
    is there any way i can get the info back

stargaze, Apr 10, 2012
  2. stargaze

Newman

When you open a Wiser project in PICED it prompts you, asking if you want to refresh your project from the Wiser. If you say yes, any unit-specific data such as power history, is retrieved from the unit. If you do not do this, the historical power monitoring data is not retrieved from the unit. When you download your new/updated project from PICED to the Wiser, the historical data from within the PICED project is used instead, which will overwrite any historical power data you may have had in the unit. If you have transferred your PICED project to the Wiser without refreshing the project from the unit then your old data is lost forever.

To see what is in the historical power data, go to the Project - Power Meter Manager menu and click on the History tab. This will show you the current historical data in your PICED project. It gets updated if you do a Refresh of the project from the Wiser. (To do this manually, go to Transfer -> Refresh Project from Unit).

Make sure that you're using the latest PICED 4.10.1 as well as the latest Wiser firmware (1.24) as there are some changes in more recent versions of the Wiser firmware to minimise the amount of data that can be lost when transferring projects.

Newman, Apr 10, 2012
Ask a Question