Wiser UI (skin)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Conformist, Jul 2, 2012.

?

Which Wiser skin do you prefer when creating a project?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2012.
  1. Go Green

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. Amber Ambler

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Purple People

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Schneider Electric

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. None of the above

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. Conformist

Conformist

Wiser has four skins (sorry about the pun) available for the installer to select from when creating a project. Which of the skins do you use when creating a project???

As requested by Nik, have added a 5th option

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
    Conformist, Jul 2, 2012
  2. Conformist

Roosta

Should be a 5th option

None of the above.. :-D

My standard is a modified version of the go green schneider electric..

Cheers,
    Nik

Roosta, Jul 2, 2012
  3. Conformist

Conformist

Thanks Nik

Are you saying you would prefer to have a look that you determine, not Schneider?

Conformist, Jul 2, 2012
  4. Conformist

Roosta

Yes thats what i am saying.. I have had a good play.. Screen shots below..

I dont have any issues with the standard options but people are paying for a 'Clipsal Cbus' system, not a schneider electric system.. Excuse the arrogance.. I think the ability to customise slightly, by adding your own logo/image to the standard would suffice as i like the fact you cant customise it too much unlike a touchscreen where u can get very particular and spend hours generating a user friendly gui..

Trial:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My standards:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Nik

Roosta, Jul 2, 2012
  5. Conformist

2SC

I voted for Schneider Electric skin since I am familiar with their logo and I like it because it is brighter and more "official" than the other ones.

However, I would really like to have the possibility to change the background picture.

Also I think that it would be very handy if they were more different icons for lights, like chandelier, Appliqu? etc

2SC, Jul 2, 2012
  6. Conformist

Conformist

Thanks for the feedback

I'm getting the impression, the majority would prefer to have the ability to select their own background and widgets/icons.

If a good selection of decent backgrounds and a library of icons/widgets were provided and were also made available for other C-Bus touchscreens too, would the majority of installers still go looking for others or create their own?

Conformist, Jul 5, 2012
  7. Conformist

Brendan Rogers

A simple way of being able to add the System Integrator Companies logo, as Roosta above suggests, would be a nice improvement to PICED for Wiser project files. This could be done either by:

a) Making it easier to change the background image to a custom one, and having it not reset to the default background image next time we update to a newer version of PICED, or better still;

b) Creating a new logo graphics widget, that simply displays a custom graphics image of variable size, preferably of a graphics file type that may also include animated frames. Perhaps the logo widget could perhaps also support a customisable http link, so that when the logo is touched the user opens an Internet browser window on their device and visits a website.

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    Brendan Rogers, Jul 6, 2012
  8. Conformist

mdooher

The lack of ability to change skins is why I stick with homegate and a CNI

I can set up floorplans (both 3D and 2D) and have all my own icons/buttons.

I can make a room look like the light has come on (either overlaying a new picture or using dynamic shading)

It means I miss out on some of the simple wiser functions but it is worth it.

If wiser did these things I would use it in every installation.

Matthew

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2012
    mdooher, Jul 6, 2012
  9. Conformist

Brendan Rogers

It would also be nice to be able to display some project identifying text on the Wiser UI, to confirm which project you are logging into (as a practical improvement), and also to let the home owner see their name and/or location or even a thumbnail photo of them or their home on the UI (as a feel-good improvement).

Brendan Rogers, Jul 6, 2012
  10. Conformist

2SC

Matthew,
    Homegate and wiser are 2 products that can't and should not be compared.
    A pc based software is much easier to have more capabilities than a simple flash application like WISER.

Wiser is a great product, I prefer it because is simple in use and there is no need for a pc running 7/24, however some upgrades would be much appreciated.

Since Clipsal people created this poll, maybe something nice is coming... ;)

2SC, Jul 6, 2012
  11. Conformist

bmerrick

Hey 2SC, optimism for that over here too.

A basic external graphics editor (standard widget icons, buttons + backgrounds replacer) or a modernised skins package would be very nice. I personally would be very happy with the current skins if it meant the iPad sized GUI version was less delayed. :D

Other nice 'little'* Wiser GUI tweaks would be:

(* I am sure they are not little though from a programming perspective.)

1. More widgets allowed / memory (beyond 244) as some clients are deleting existing widgets to add new ones in due to top limit being reached. (assume this will be happening anyway)

2. More history channels for Current Measurement beyond 4 even at the expense of length of history held or by more redaction / averaging of longer term readings held (ie reduce long term detail held).

3. The current Power Meter and History graph widgets having more centre labels added beyond the current kWh, CO2 and $, therefore allowing you to represent any logic sent 'real' input or measurement channel inputs for example temperature (DegC), wind speed (Kts), Light Level (lux), Soil Moisture (h2o %) etc.

4. On iPhone / iPad GUI, instead of 'More' at the bottom, have a down arrow that cycles through the 'groups of four' rooms or function groups list.

5. On iPhone/iPad, just update the widget 'status' when going between 'Home' / other apps and Wiser GUI ie not re-reloading all the widgets and moving you from your previous 'location'.

I also thought Brendan Rogers' idea for a straight graphics file insert widget was good.

While I'm wishing, a software 'multiplexer' for the CNI so when you are using it for toolkit access, it doesn't go into transparent mode would also be nice.

Thanks for asking though,

Regards

Brad

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2012
    bmerrick, Jul 7, 2012
  12. Conformist

ditaliano

Is there any possible chance that eventually the Wiser will be designed out of PICED the same way a colour touchscreen is? So we could design our own layout from scratch?

ditaliano, Jul 8, 2012
  13. Conformist

Conformist

No, that is not Wiser is about. Homegate is the product that does that.

Wiser was designed as a product that can create a fast, consistent UI where the customer (end user) knows exactly what they are getting. The UI is created quickly with a minimum amount of configuration by the installer

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
    Conformist, Jul 8, 2012
  14. Conformist

mdooher

On the homegate/wiser thing

How about being able to use the iPhone app with homegate:):) now that would be awsome.

As you pointed out homgate is great for the more advanced stuff but also having a quick simple interface for the iphone (without needing to shell out for a wiser) would be the best of both worlds

mdooher, Jul 9, 2012
  15. Conformist

Roosta

You can use homegate on your mobile device.. Remote log onto the pc through any one of numerous apps available and there u go..

Cheers,
    Nik

Roosta, Jul 9, 2012
  16. Conformist

mdooher

I do use remote desktop software etc...but... Not so brilliant on an iPhone. Quite good on the iPad I'll grant you except for some reason many of the apps seem to have trouble with the images in home gate.

I use a couple of different ones for the iPad at the moment because an iPad or 7 in an installation is cheaper than one colour touch screen.

Just seems a pity not to build in support for the existing iPhone app into home gate

Matthew

mdooher, Jul 9, 2012
  17. Conformist

ditaliano

Im scared to ask but is there any news on an iPad version of Wiser yet?

ditaliano, Jul 9, 2012
  18. Conformist

Conformist

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    Conformist, Sep 7, 2012
Ask a Question