Wiser with AXIS 205

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kgovind007, Jul 23, 2009.

1. kgovind007

kgovind007

Hi,

We are trying to connect an Axis 205 IP Camera to Wiser. After repeated tries, we are unable to connect the same.

Following are the details:

Camera s/n : 00-40-8c-6f-66-3a
    Camera IP: 192.168.1.120:9001
    Wiser IP: 192.168.1.50

Do we need any further change of settings either in Camera or Wiser.

Govind

kgovind007, Jul 23, 2009
  2. kgovind007

kjayakumar

I think you may have a configuration issue. Out of curiosity, are you saying your IP camera is already on port 9001 on your LAN? Perhaps posting a screenshot of how you have setup your PICED project's camera URLs will help identify the issue.

kjayakumar, Jul 24, 2009
  3. kgovind007

wappinghigh

You need to be able to see the cameras independantly first via a web browser.
    You may need to alter the port settings of the camera say to :81 first to something different from the WISER: as I think this defaults to :80.

Once you have confirmed that you can see the cameras via a webpage (outside wiser) eg flick between the wiser URL and the camera URL, you then need to enter the individual jpeg address of the axis camera into WISER. This is set within the wiser PICED. I think example instructions for another AXIS camera are located here within the WISER camera settings menu. Alternatively look for the this info within the AXIS manual or on their webpage.

Hope this helps.... :)

wappinghigh, Jul 24, 2009
  4. kgovind007

kgovind007

Thanks Guys!!

We had a success in connecting Wiser with IP camera AXIS 206. Somehow, Wiser do not seem to support Axis 205.

Further, the IP cam is not fully connected at all times as it should be, it gets disconnected or at times do not show the cam view. I think it should be related to internet connectivity speed. We are still checking. The pinging of camera thru wiser is not consistent too.

kgovind007, Jul 27, 2009
  5. kgovind007

kjayakumar

I don't think there is a Wiser issue here. You may want to check your setup. Wiser's IP camera setup works with all cameras that are able to deliver unauthenticated JPEG images. If you have configured both your Axis 205 and your Wiser PICED project correctly, it will work fine. It may help to post screenshots of your configuration.

kjayakumar, Jul 27, 2009
Ask a Question